Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Ingredients for four:
- 600g beef rump steak, fat trimmed, cut into strips
- 2 x 250g packets microwave 7 ancient grains
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green onions, cut into 4cm lengths +extra, thinly sliced, to serve
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 4cm lengths
- 200g brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 300g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- Sliced chilli, to serve, if desired
- Prepare microwave grains according to packet instructions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place beef in a large bowl or snap-lock bag, add half the oil and toss to coat. Heat a large wok or non-stick frying pan over high heat. Stir-fry beef, in batches, for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Set aside on a plate.
- Add remaining oil to wok or pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onions and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add broccolini and brussels sprouts and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in sauces and 2 tablespoons water and cook for 1 minute. Return beef to wok, add ancient grains and toss to heat through. Season.
- Serve stir-fry topped with extra green onions and coriander sprigs.
- Beef mince would be a delicious substitute for rump in this recipe.
- When stir-frying the meat wait at least 30 seconds before tossing or stir-frying. This gives the meat a chance to brown, giving it good colour and flavour. The second side will take a little less time to cook.
- Once you return the meat to the wok, take care that it does not boil in the liquid or it will toughen. Stir-fry only to combine and warm through.