Grant funds totalling $25,000 have been shared between 18 local community, volunteer and service based organisations to help them deliver programs, services and facilities upgrades to Augusta Margaret River residents.
The Community Development Grant program is an annual initiative of the Shire of Augusta Margaret River that aims to achieve a welcoming, inclusive, vibrant and engaged community.
The successful recipients for 2019-20 are:
- Augusta Community Development Association: Augusta Community Volunteer Xmas BBQ ($1000);
- Augusta Community Resource Centre: Summer and Spring Movie Festival ($2000);
- Augusta Playgroup: Tree of Life ($2000);
- Artzability: It's Party Time ($2000);
- Busselton All Stars Cricket Club Inc: Margaret River's Massive Backyard Cricket ($2000);
- Intercultural Action Group: 'Building Bridges' - Intercultural Experience Margaret River ($2000);
- Little Arthur Tree Productions: 'Choice' - Short Film ($2000);
- Little Athletics WA: Little Athletics WA Country Championships ($2000);
- Margaret River Hockey Club: Development of 'Above the Line' ($2000);
- Margaret River Junior Football Club: Shed Fit Out ($2000);
- Natural Learning Centre Margaret River: An Invitation to Play ($2000);
- Swimming Mermaids: Margaret River Ocean Swim 2020 ($2000); and
- Undalup Association: Bunuru Festival ($2000).
Shire Community Development Officer Jessica Black thanked the applicants and said the wider community was set to benefit from their efforts.
"These grants ultimately bring new and improved opportunity for residents of all ages, all abilities and a wide variety of interests," she said.
"Congratulations to all our successful grant fund applicants, I look forward to seeing all of your projects and initiatives come to fruition."
Grant funding rounds are held annually and offer a maximum of $2000 per community group.
The next round will open in July 2020.