A case of coronavirus has been identified in Tasmania for the first time in 12 months.
Premier Peter Gutwein on Thursday confirmed a 31-year-old man who had travelled to Tasmania from NSW via Melbourne this month had been diagnosed with the infection.
He said the man had arrived in Launceston on Virgin flight 1364 and was immediately sent to hotel quarantine as he did not have authorisation to enter the state.
Mr Gutwein said anyone who had travelled on the flight should immediate self isolate and wait for contact from Public Health Services.
Mr Gutwein said the man had a COVID test on August 3 and left the state a day later.
A positive diagnosis was returned on Thursday morning.
Mr Gutwein said the case was not being treated as a case of community transmission as the man had been in hotel quarantine.
The virus has not been confirmed as the Delta strain, but Mr Gutwein said given the man had travelled from NSW it was suspected to be.
Mr Gutwein said there would not be action on lockdowns at this stage.
Meanwhile, Mr Gutwein said a scheduled AFL game between Hawthorn and Collingwood over the weekend will not proceed.