Update - 4/1/22
New exposure sites in the South West have been listed following two new COVID-19 cases in the community.
The new cases are a 20-year-old unvaccinated male backpacker and his 24-year-old vaccinated female housemate.
Both cases are believed to be linked to the current Delta outbreak, and were infectious in the community.
Nine new exposure sites were found with a case detected at Greenfields Woolworths on Wednesday 29/12/21.
The new exposure sites include:
- BP Petrol Station, Cowaramup - Thursday 30/12/21 at 7am to 8am, Wednesday 29/12/2021 at 6.30am to 8am.
- Castle Rock Beach Parking - Wednesday 29/12/21 at 12pm to 4pm
- Woolworths Greenfields - Thursday 29/12/21 at 11.30am to 1.30pm
- Coles, Bunbury Centre Point Shopping Centre - Tuesday 28/12/21 at 1.30pm to 2.30pm
- Smokemart, Park Centre Shopping Centre - Tuesday 28/12/21 at 12.50pm to 1.05pm and 2pm to 2.30pm
- Woolworths, Bunbury Forum Shopping Centre - Tuesday 28/12/21 at 9.30am to 11.30am
- Big W, Bunbury Forum Shopping Centre - Tuesday 28/12/21 at 9.30am to 11.30am
- Puma Petrol Station on 7080 Forrest Highway - Monday 27/12/21 at 10am to 11am
- Beach Park, 66 Hutt Drive - Sunday 26/12/21 at 11am to 7pm
For the full list of exposure sites visit, Healthy WA.
Busselton Jetty is one of 20 new COVID-19 exposure sites across the South West.
The exposure dates vary from December 26 to December 30 with all sites requiring people to monitor for symptoms unless advised otherwise by the WA Health Department.
Among the new locations listed are:
- Gracetown Beach car park - Thursday 30/12/21 at 8am to 5pm
- Cowaramup petrol station - Thursday 30/12/21 at 7am to 8am
- Honeycombs Beach car park - Wednesday 29/12/21 at 9.30pm to 6am on Thursday 30/12/21
- Cape Naturaliste light house - Wednesday 29/12/21 7.30pm to 8.30pm
- Meelup Beach parking - Wednesday 29/12/21 at 6pm to 7pm
- Eagle Bay Beach parking - Wednesday 29/12/21 at 3pm to 6pm
- Castle Rock Beach parking - Wednesday 29/12/21 at 2pm to 3pm
- Kmart Busselton - Wednesday 29/12/21 at 12.30pm to 1pm
- Aldi Busselton - Wednesday 29/12/21 at 12.30pm to 1pm
- 7-Eleven Busselton - Wednesday 29/12/21 at 12.45pm to 1.15pm
- Busselton Visitor Centre - Wednesday 29/12/21 at 9.15am to 10am
- Busselton Jetty - Tuesday 28/12/21 at 7pm to 8pm
- Park Centre Kebabs - Tuesday 28/12/21 at 5pm to 6pm
- Kmart South Bunbury - Tuesday 28/12/2021 at 1:30pm to 2pm, Monday 27/12/2021 at 1.30pm to 2pm
- Coles South Bunbury - Tuesday 28/12/21 at 1.10pm to 1.30pm, Sunday 26/12/2021 at 12.45pm to 1.15pm
- Smokemart at Park Centre - Tuesday 28/12/21 at 12.50pm to 1.05pm
- Park Centre Shopping Centre - Tuesday 28/12/21 at 12:50pm to 2:20pm
- Wyalup/Rocky Point car park - Tuesday 28/12/21 12am to 12.30pm, Tuesday 28/12/21 2pm to 6.30pm
Stay up to date with the latest exposure sites on the Healthy WA website.
Despite the virus making its way to the South West, Premier Mark McGowan hasn't enforced restrictions in the region.
Only Perth and Peel are subject to COVID-19 restrictions and mask mandates.
On Sunday, WA Health reported one new local case who is a vaccinated security guard at a hotel quarantine site, with no new cases related to the Delta backpacker cluster.
The guard returned a positive test result on a daily routine oral swab and was transferred to hotel quarantine.
The cluster related to the French backpacker remains at 16 cases.