A special exhibition will be held this week at Margaret River winery Mr Barval Wines to help raise funds for a remote community in the Northern Territory.
Winery co-owner Kellie Gherardi has spent the last few years working regularly as a nurse in a small community called Peppimenarti, between caring for two daughters, working at the winery for vintage and the cellar door, and at the Busselton Emergency Department.
"Peppimenarti is a closed indigenous community, culturally strong with many resident artist," Mrs Gherardi explained.
"After lots of organising we are so excited to have a large collection of art from the community here now in Margaret River and will host an exhibition for these artists until February 2020."
The non profit exhibition will direct 80 per cent of proceeds directly to the artists, while the remaining 20 per cent will be donated to the Peppimenarti Health Clinic, which is a non-government run organisation.
A sundowner event at Mr Barval will be held on Friday November 15 to celebrate the re-opening of the cellar door after the winery sold out of their stock in May for the second year in a row.
"We have been operating for 5 years and are overwhelmed at achieving a 5 star rating from James Halliday, all wines scoring between 93 and 96 points in consecutive years. The sundowner will celebrate new release wines and reopening the cellar door but will also launch this unique exhibition."
For tickets and more info, visit www.facebook.com/mrbarval
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.